Laurence Warner aka 'Cerulean' (ENFJ) on creating & sharing his music as an independent artist
A couple of weeks back I recorded my first ever in-person podcast recording with Laurence Warner, aka Cerulean.
We first connected through the micro.blog platform, met up for a walk, and then ended up recording a podcast together:
I got excited, and it ended up turning into an extended chat where we talked about:
- Laurence’s music-making process
- Making money from your art
- Is Laurence an extrovert or an ambivert? / Myers-Briggs chat
- The “organic” journey of the indie artist
- Why Laurence makes music, and the magic of “sonic experiences” (music) vs verbal (words)
- Who is Cerulean? (aka Laurence’s artist name)
- Using the internet to share your authentic expression with other people… but balancing this with using tech in an intentional way
- Laurence’s advice for indie musicians promoting their work
- The joy of being an ‘independent artist’ vs going ‘traditional’
- SavvyIndie: Laurence’s plans for this community for independent musicians / music artists
As always, you can experience this conversation in two ways:
🎧 LISTEN (full episode / higher-quality audio)
📺 WATCH (raw video / with chapters)
🎵 Do also check out Laurence's new album Smalltown Dreamer, due for release a week today on June 30th.
I hope you enjoy this one as much as I did. It felt different recording in-person, and I wonder if that can also be felt by you, the listener/viewer...?
Subscribe to INF Club
Subscribe to the newsletter and unlock access to member-only content.