🎧 📺 Listen or Watch
Ria is a Women's Depression Coach. She uses powerful intuition-led coaching techniques & embodiment principles to guide her clients into a life full of possibility and joy. She is super passionate about her work as it initially helped her overcome her own depression, anxiety and binge-eating disorder. She lives in Miami, Florida with her husband and two children. Some of her greatest joys are eating chocolate ice cream, being in nature, and intuitively dancing.
In this episode, we talk about: Ria's journey with depression and mental/emotional/spiritual health, the importance of going into our bodies, emotions and emotional patterns, vices and attachments, and more.
Key conversation points
- On Ria's depression
- On seeking traditional routes to help... and the beginnings of a new journey
- On the importance of going into our bodies
- On feeling safe and grounded
- On feeling numb, and using vices to escape
- On shifting our self-judgement to curiosity
- On the importance of curiosity and safety in Ria's coaching work
- On the difference between being nice and holding space for others
- On the four Fs: fight, flight, freeze and fawn (and how feeling safe in your own body diminishes these)
- On anger as a secondary emotion
- On freedom and attachments
- On knowing you're okay exactly as you are
The Body Keeps the Score, by Bessel van der Kolk
Connect with Ria
Subscribe to INF Club
Subscribe to the newsletter and unlock access to member-only content.