Press play (above), or watch on Youtube.
on the INF Club podcast. Or, just search 'INF Club' in your podcast platform.
Jacob Nordby is a writer living in Boise, Idaho. You might find him on a trail in the nearby foothills or typing away in the quietest corner of a coffee shop downtown. Learn more about his books, speaking, online courses, and creative guidance sessions by visiting www.jacobnordby.com.
Connect with Jacob
Facebook profile: https://www.facebook.com/jacobnordby
Facebook page: https://en-gb.facebook.com/author.jacobnordby/
- Jacob's experiences being home-schooled and growing up in a strict religious environment
- Jacob's previous corporate life, and the retreat which marked a turning point
- Jacob's model for self-discovery, his 'Creative Self Journal', and how he currently uses journalling in his own life
- Jacob's new book, The Creative Cure
What we talk about
- What this last 'pandemic year' has been like for Jacob
- "A walled garden": looking back on Jacob's schooling and religious upbringing, and how he now reflects back on them
- On 'cults' and 'cultures'
- Jacob's previous (outwardly) "successful" life, and how he actually felt (inwardly)...
- ... and how his life began to change, starting with a retreat a colleague invited him to
- The 'number' in Jacob's head that he was aiming for, and setting goals that aren't coming from our 'true self'
- Jacob's model for 'self-discovery' -> self acceptance -> transformation, and the tips he has for his daughter
- Jacob's tips for his daughter, and the 'intuitive' vs 'sensor' mix within his family
- How journalling became a lifeline & helped Jacob re-connect with himself
- Jacob's 'Creative Self Journal' (downloaded by thousands of people), and he personally journals/checks-in with himself these days
- 'The Creative Cure' - what his new book is all about, in Jacob's words
Deep Work (book)
- My story so far / quitting the familiar, corporate path for something bigger (Medium post)
- My theory of recruitment (Medium post)
- A post on self-discovery, self-acceptance & transformation
- Creative UnBootcamp (event)
- Creative Self Journal (free e-book)
- How Frequent Is My Type (statistics)
- The Artist’s Way (book)
- Morning Pages aka ‘stream of consciousness writing’ (tool/exercise)
- Five-Minute Journal (tool/journal)
Bessel van der Kolk
- The Body Keeps the Score
📝 You might also enjoy: 3 ways you can journal (INF Club)
👤 Jas Hothi is an INFP, writer & coach. He curates INF Club, a place with resources + community for creative INFPs and INFJs. Join my newsletter to get a free copy of my 30-page Happier guide, in which I share my backstory and how I started to find work and build a life that was more "me".
Subscribe to INF Club
Subscribe to the newsletter and unlock access to member-only content.