🎧 Listen via podcast [or search: INF Club in your podcast player]
📺 Watch on YouTube (with chapters)
Bonus [audio]: Laurence & I discuss micro.blog
In Laurence's own words...
I'm Cerulean, an independent Performing Artist, born Laurence Warner in Eastleigh, a small town on England's South Coast. I make pop music for your ears AND your brain (and sometimes even your funny bone too)! I'm proudly #SavvyIndie, but I love to collaborate with creatives across The Arts & Tech to put on a show.
Connect with Laurence
FirstWeek flipPhone: https://flipph.one/
What we talk about
- Laurence’s music-making process
- Making money from your art
- Is Laurence an extrovert or an ambivert?
- Laurence’s back-story, his small-town roots & why he moved to London
- The “organic” journey of the indie artist
- Why Laurence makes music, and the magic of “sonic experiences” (music) vs verbal (words)
- Who is Cerulean? (aka Laurence’s artist name)
- Laurence’s new single “Island” / adding character to express truth
- Using the internet to share your authentic expression with other people... / ... but in an intentional way: ‘first week flipphone’, micro.blog & social media
- Intentional tech: ‘first week flipphone’, micro.blog & social media
- Laurence’s advice for indie musicians promoting their work
- Laurence's unconventional advice for managing your social media habits (firstweek.flipph.one)
- Introducing SavvyIndie / The Indie Author book / theThe joy of being an ‘independent artist’ vs going ‘traditional’
- Laurence’s plans for Savvy Indie: a community for independent musicians / music artists
- Why (committed) creatives should have their own website
- Some of Laurence’s favourite ‘indie’ folks
ps. You might also enjoy listening to our follow-up conversation, talking about micro.blog, here
👤 Amongst other things, Jas Hothi calls himself an INFP, writer & slowpreneur. He curates INF Club, a blog for INFPs & INFJs navigating an unconventional, creative life. Subscribe to his newsletter and you'll receive Happier, an e-book sharing how he navigated away from conventional, 9-to-5 life and began his heart-based journey.
Subscribe to INF Club
Subscribe to the newsletter and unlock access to member-only content.