🎧 Listen via podcast [or search: INF Club in your podcast player]
📺 Watch on YouTube (with chapters)
In Rick's own words...
"I'm a 63 year-old gay man who lives with my spouse of 26 years in Everett, Washington. (We've officially been married for 8 years after marriage equality passed in the US). I'm an INFJ who's a semi-retired web developer. This past year, I created a blog (Mystical Bear) where I document my experiences of using the writing of a novel as a tool to help overcome depression, anxiety, and PTSD that I've experienced most of my life."
Connect with Rick
What we talk about
- Rick's story with PTSD, depression & anxiety
- Rick's experiences with conventional therapy / what worked for him & what didn't
- Flashbacks & a painful break-up / on unhappy experiences & mental health stuff
- How holotropic breathwork helped Rick (& others in his group)
- Rick's current outlook on his depression
- The importance of having a creative outlet to manage his depression (+ some of the jobs Rick has had)
- Rick's fiction project / the origins of the story he is writing
- Rick's relationship with his father
- Rick's experiences with blogging
- On writing for ourselves, authenticity, and sharing what we write online
- Why Rick decided to start his Mystical Bear blog
- How sharing his experiences through writing online has helped him thus far
awkward brown guy (my old blog)
- twitter (old)
👤 Amongst other things, Jas Hothi calls himself an INFP, writer & slowpreneur. He curates INF Club, a place for bloggers & artists with an INFP / INFJ / iNtuitive personality type. Subscribe to his newsletter and you'll receive Happier, an e-book that shares how he started to navigate his creative journey.
Subscribe to INF Club
Subscribe to the newsletter and unlock access to member-only content.